Thursday, November 13, 2008

Get your shit together, America

I'm a card-carrying cynic when it comes to major news network pundits. I take most all of them, liberal or conservative, with a grain of salt.

But I came across a video last night of MSNBC's Keith Olbermann (props, Steele) speaking on Proposition 8 that gave me sheer goosebumps. He demonstrated a disarming passion and perspicacious judgment the likes of which I don't hear or read nearly enough from the newsfolk.

And while I'm sure that many politicians and bureaucrats feel the same way Keith does - President-elect Obama included, i'll wager - not nearly enough of them speak with this level of passion for fear of losing their electorate's imprimatur.

Folks, I implore you to listen to all six-plus minutes of this video. I couldn't have voiced it better myself.

No comments: