Monday, November 24, 2008

Punk-ass Kanye

I'm still convinced he's straight. I suppose.

I was not nearly as excited about 808s and Heartbreaks as I was his previous three albums, for obvious reasons. It's really difficult to stomach one of the best hip-hop artists of the new millennium singing for a whole album when he can't actually sing. On top of that, I think the Autotune craze that's perverted contemporary rap/R&B is worth burying deep below the Mariana Trench.

That said, I appreciate no more than three songs on this album from a production standpoint alone. Indeed, this is where 'Ye has always shined. "Street Lights" is dope and atmospheric, and "Say You Will" has an extra-dope piano.

So while this will be the first of his albums on which I will not shovel out any loot, a few of those songs will make it on my drive-to-Detroit compilation for tomorrow.

Peep the album here.

1 comment:

Kevin Haas said...

Dude, how do you feel about John Forte getting a pardon from George W. Bush?